Marketing provides the first point of contact between businesses and customers. If it lacks quality, spirit or authenticity, then marketing fails. Billions are spent every minute in an attempt to influence consumers and boost sales. As a consequence, marketing translations have to be carried out with extra care so that your budget remains protected. After spending a fortune creating your corporate identity, it is vital that it is preserved when translated into other languages. Marketing translators must be able to convey the original message of a slogan or advertisement into any other language. Your marketing documents are thus very important and need to be translated properly. That’s why, on this page, we would like to share some important information on how to translate your marketing documents.
When do you need translations services for marketing documents?
Do you want to expand your business to another country? Have you already established business relations abroad and you want to strengthen the relationship with your customers? Any company active on the global market can make use of professional marketing translations.
Among the most frequently translated marketing documents are:
- Marketing plans
- Press releases
- Research documents
- And many more
Marketing interpreters help you to maintain close relationships with your customers and business partners, for example at trade fairs or at product presentations. Interpreters can also provide help when attracting new customers.
What challenges arise from the translation of marketing documents?
Marketing translators need to be able to transfer the key message of a slogan or ad into any new language. This is especially tricky since the brand message needs to remain consistent in different languages. Creativity and transcreation are also vital factors when translating marketing products. Transcreation is the process of transferring the message from the source language into the target language, trying to maintain its intent, style, tone and context.
Moreover, a professional marketing translator or interpreter has to have in-depth marketing knowledge. A good understanding of how marketing works and a native understanding of the target culture are two very important abilities for marketing translators.
A translator of marketing documents also needs to be able to provide localisation services whenever necessary. This includes the correct transfer of times, dates, measurements, currencies and cultural norms into another language.
What to expect from marketing translation services
The best agencies will have five key attributes:
- Knowledge: A translator or interpreter needs to have a broad knowledge of technical terms and regulations in order to produce high-quality translations. He needs to know about relevant jurisdictions and the rules he needs to follow regarding the translation.
- Skills of the translator/interpreter: Translators or interpreters need to have the necessary language skills to provide the customer with a high-quality marketing translation. But they also need an in-depth understanding of how marketing works and how companies use marketing documents.
- Services provided by the translation agency: A great customer service, confidential and reliable work, a personal account manager, data security, easy communication, and a fast document turnaround time are important qualities of a good translation agency.
- Project management skills: Enough capacity and scalability are very important aspects. In general, a customized approach is very important to meet each client’s unique requirements.
- Additional services provided by the agency like professional interpreting.
How to choose the right translation services for your translation
Choosing the right translation agency can be a difficult task. Feel free to ask as many questions as possible to help you make your decision. A good translation agency should provide a top-quality service, be able to demonstrate consistently high standards, and offer the following features:
- Is the translation agency well-established? Have they been in business for a number of years?
- Is the translation agency experienced with the translation of marketing documents?
- Do the translators have a good knowledge of the technical aspects of the text? Do they have insights into your branch of business to truly understand how you and your company work? Do they have experience with the regulations and guidelines that need to be met?
- Can the translation company provide you with certified translations if needed?
- Are the translators members of official organisations such as the American Translators Association (ATA)?
- Does the translation agency guarantee the privacy of your information throughout the whole translation process?
- Does the translation agency have a fast turnaround time? Can they send you a certified translation as fast as you need it?
- Is the translation agency straightforward when it comes to pricing? Will there be any extra costs?
- Can the translation agency provide any additional services such as an interpreter if needed?
In addition, many marketing translation services will also be able to provide interpreters, and perhaps offer certified translations of other documents like legal translations.
Summary: Translation of marketing documents
When you need your marketing documents translated, it’s important to get it done properly. Using a professional translation service is the best way to make sure your translations meet all the requirements concerning style, tone and localisation.
A premium translation company like lingoking can provide you with an accurate and fast translation while simultaneusly always protecting your privacy. Get in touch with us if you require a translation of your marketing documents and find out how we can help you!