Whenever a document related to technological subjects is to be transferred into another language, technical translators are involved. Technical texts are defined by their terminology and commonly belong to practical areas or applications As these are particularly complex translation projects, it is crucial to carefully choose an expert who masters the conventions of technical writing. On this page we would like to share some important information on how to find a translator for technical documents.
- When do you need to translate technical documents?
- Which technical documents are to be translated?
- What challenges arise from the translation of technical documents?
- How to choose the right translation service for technical translation
Internationally active companies in the field of manufacturing or engineering that require their documents in more than one language are in need of technical translations. The high quality of translated technical documents is particularly important as the safety and precision of products and services are vital factors to the companies’ successes.
Examples of industries which usually make use of technical translation:
- Electrical engineering
- Environmental technology
- Automotive industry
- Aviation and aerospace technology
- Metal industry
- Mechanical engineering and construction
- And more
Not only customers or clients require information about companies: Staff, investors and the press should also be provided with suitable information in the appropriate language. Here are some examples of technical documents:
- User manuals
- Research reports
- Technical documentation
- Business plans
- Technical guides
- Product descriptions
- And many more
Translating technical documents requires a high standard of subject knowledge and the command of relevant terminology. The translator has to be vigilant about specific measurements and localisation issues during the translation process. A professional translator has to have detailed and comprehensive knowledge about industry standards, regulations and conventions.
Privacy is another important factor when dealing with technical documents. Due to competing businesses it is essential for manufacturers to protect their information. Nevertheless, technical documents must be transferred into other languages in advance of certain release dates. Integrity and loyalty are main characteristics of professional translators.
Our technical translation services
Before you decide an a certain translation service, get to know all of your options. Take your time when choosing an agency or private translator. This checklist will help you find a suitable translator for your documents:
- For how long has the agency been established?
- Do the translators have sufficient experience in the field of technical translation?
- Do the translators have hands-on knowledge about technical applications? Have they gained an insight into your branch in order to understand how you and your company work?
- Can the translation service provide you with a certified translation if needed?
- Are the translators members of official organisations such as the American Translators Association (ATA)?
- How transparent is the service when it comes to pricing?
- Can the translation service provide you with additional language services such as technical interpreters?
An upmarket translation service not only provides you with experienced and well trained translators but also guides you through the whole translation process. Please feel free to contact lingoking if you require a translation of your technical documents.
You may also find this interesting
At lingoking, you simply choose the type of translation you need and find out the fixed price before uploading your documents. You can place your order with just a few clicks! Our system will automatically connect you with a suitable translator and deliver the finished translation to you online or by post.
Order your text translation from lingoking, the translation delivery service - quickly and easily order professional translations online!